Its fairly easy to lower blood cholesterol, and important to avoid risk of heart disease and stroke. Just eat more foods low in saturated fats and cholesterol. Cut down on high fat ones, especially those high in saturated fats. Here are some simple daily guidelines:
1. Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables.
2. Eat six or more servings of other whole grain cereals, breads, and pastas.
3. Eat fish, poultry, leaner cuts of meat.
4. Eat nonfat or 1% milk dairy products.
5. Substitute olive, corn, or safflower oil for some of the fats in your diet.
6. Enjoy at least 30-60 minutes of activities on most days of the week.
More details can be found at www.americanheart.org.